Friday, August 10, 2012

Relief at last

Two days ago the temperature reached 100 after the hottest month on record last month.  I would imagine many of you reading this have had this same experience.  Today the temperature is 78 right now at 2:45 pm.  We should be doing some school work, but we are not.  It is so nice to hear the boys playing outside and sit on the front porch drinking a cold Diet Coke (one day I will stop drinking them forever) and feeling the nice breeze blowing when I take my break.  Today I am cooking the winter squash that I never planted but they started growing in the garden on their own.  I have more squash plants growing now too.  I harvested these in July.  That is certainly unusual-- at least it is here in Illinois.  I should take some time to ponder and think about all that the Lord has taught us this difficult summer, but instead I am simply taking in this gorgeous day.  I hope you have a splendid day.  I must go as I have some little pirates that want to show me their hide out. 


Blessings! 

Charity


No comments:

Post a Comment