Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Candle In My Kitchen



I have been following a challenge on the blog Women Living Well about making my home a haven.  One of the struggles I have is that sometimes I just quite frankly run out of steam before my day is over.  It is tiring teaching, meeting emotional needs, cleaning up messes, cooking, and the list goes on.  I am not complaining because I love being home and consider it a privilege to no longer have the torn heart of leaving my children all day to build a career that I used to have.  I never had peace and I always new deep down inside that the Lord wanted me home with my children.  That is another topic for another day.  However, now I find myself tired and running out of energy.  I knew that burning candles would soften the home atmosphere and create an ambiance that would cause our home to feel more peaceful.  What I did not expect is what that candle in the kitchen would represent to me nor how it would inspire me and keep me going.  It has brought energy and new vision to my day.  I find that I don't run out of steam even though I am tired at the end of the day, but then I sleep and receive rest.   I am so glad to go in and see that candle burning, then go on to be the hands and feet of Jesus serving my family.  I believe there will be candles burning in my kitchen from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment