Sunday, December 4, 2011

Remembering Days Past-- December 4, 2006 and December 4, 2007

I will never forget December 4, 2006. The day before had been a very stressful day, in fact, it might be the most stressful day of my life or at least one of the most stressful days of my life. I was very pregnant and was nearing my due date. Apparently the stress was too much for me because my water broke. I woke up in a puddle and the on call doctor was not my doctor. He told me I had peed the bed and to go back to bed. I told Vic that if we waited 2 hours I could call Dr. Trabue. Since I was not having contractions that is what we did. My water had broken, but I did not go into labor. We had planned a c-section for December 21st it was just happening early. I remember light heared conversations and joking around with Dr. Trabue and the nurses while I had the c-section. Simeon was so gorgeous. He had adult expressions on his face from day one, rarely cried, and smiled all the time. We were in the hospital for five days due to him being jaundice, but it cleared up fine and we went home.

Then exactly one year later I made Vanderbilt Hospital wait for an extra day so that Vic went in for pre-brain surgery testing so that he was not admitted on Simeon's birthday. We had a little cake that Simeon got to tear up for his first birthday then Daddy went into the hospital the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment