Monday, July 23, 2012

Unconfessed Sin and Summer Heat

What do unconfessed sin and summer heat have in common?  According to Psalm 32:3-5 they both sap our strength.

When I kept silent my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped as in the heat of the summer,
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"---
and you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Today as we are supposed to see triple digits once again I realize that I must keep watch over my thoughts, attitudes, and actions.  The heat really does sap my strength, but sin does even more.  I will continually give myself over the Lord today to rely on HIS perfect strength and his mind on issues.  I will remember to examine my heart before the Lord to make sure that I confess any sin that he chooses to reveal to me.  As I learn to surrender my heart and will to him.  How about you?  Has your strength been sapped?  Examine your heart before the Lord and confess your sin.  If you are experiencing the triple digit heat remember to rely on HIS perfect strength.

  Click for the original image

No comments:

Post a Comment