Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weary

It was a long day today-- it has been a long month of July.  It seems that so much that could cause exhaustion has happened this month.  The heat has been enough to just suck all energy out of a person.  Then I also have 2 boys I babysit this summer.  They really are delightful to have around and they have become friends with Caleb and Simeon.  Every day Simeon will ask if they are coming tomorrow and ussually he is disappointed if they are not coming.  However, it seems this week that everyone has started bickering.  It seems the heat, being cooped up, as well as each others weaknesses are just colliding with each other.  I have found myself often needing to remind myself that they are children.  Then on top of that with everyone constantly inside there are more messes, more creative projects to think of to do together, and we are all tired of things to eat that do not require turning on the oven.  I think all of us are saying that if we eat another cold cut sandwich we just might lose our minds.  God is still blessing us.  He is providing for us and taking care of us. 

Tonight after returning from a trip to the library and buying groceries I told Caleb that I am weary to the bone.  He is seven so he asked me what weary means and I told him.  Then he said, "Mama, I feel the same way, too"  He went to bed.  Tomorrow we have a much slower day and are looking forward to spending the morning with just Caleb, Simeon, and I.  Then the afternoon with my mom, sisters, and my one year old neice.  Then a nice quiet supper as a family.  Caleb thought that sounded refreshing to our souls when I suggested it.  So for now I am going to sleep and rest in the Lord.  I am going to trust my soul into His capable hands and remember Matthew 11:28 "Come all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."  Remember when you are weary to find your rest in the Lord and He will restore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment