Monday, August 20, 2012

Our life is not our own

Our family is learning to sing the song People Need The Lord together.  This morning during breakfast we were practicing and a line really stood out to me-- "When will we realize that we must give our lives for people need the Lord."  I felt so convicted concerning the times when I have not shared the Lord with others or been a light because it was not convenient or my eyes were too focused on my agenda for that day.  It has occurred to me that I need to take my agenda before the Lord on a regular basis and release it to him.  When I do this it reminds me of the truth that I am not my own person.  That my life belongs to HIM and not to me.  So my questions about what to do should not be what I want or think I need to do, but instead what does HE want me to do-- what is his agenda.  This has become my thought for the day.  So as we work through our school day I pray that I will be an example to my children to live out God's agenda instead of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment